By being a member of the Geological Society of Africa you will actively
participate in encouraging earth science education and research in Africa, which will lead to the
sustainable development of the natural resources of Africa.
Apart from this academic aspect you will personally benefit by
- getting up to date information related to
- geosciences activities in the continent,
- research funding and
- scholarship possibilities;
- information on national, regional and international scientific cooperation partners.
- As member you can attend conferences where the Society is involved at a
- Publication of your scientific results on African geology in the Journal of African Earth Sciences (JAES) will help you to disseminate the results of your scientific work, as this will be read by those colleagues within the continent or outside the continent engaged in research on African geology