The International Center for Training and Exchanges in the
Geosciences (CIFEG) has introduced a CIFEG Prize in
order to honour every two years the contribution of an African
student or a young researcher in the field of Earth
sciences or Environment, with regard to the social and economic
frame of his/her country.
The CIFEG Prize bears the name of the Foundation as a reminder
that, since its creation in 1981, CIFEG has been involved in co-operation and support to development, as well as
in geoscientific knowledge sharing, most particularly on the African continent.
|| To distinguish the scientific work and achievements of African geoscientists and to
promote them as widely as possible.
|| CIFEG and the Geological Society of Africa (GSAf), with the support of public or
|| Research in geosciences and environment in Africa.
|| African students and young researchers.
Doctorate level, PhD or equivalent (significant publications and others).
The eligibility will be evaluated by a jury.
||The candidate should submit his/her nomination form together with:
- his/her curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum);
- a sample of the thesis in French or English (or publications, reports, patent or any significant document);
- an abstract and an extended abstract (in French);
- a supporting report written by a renowned senior geoscientist with a well established research record.
- Examination of the proposal by 2 (at least) referees chosen by the jury.
- Evaluation and award of the prize by the jury.
||The jury will be composed of members of CIFEG board of directors, GSAf representatives, donors' representatives, and well-known scientific experts who are
recognised for their commitment and contribution to the African geosciences.
- 2,000 (two thousand) euros.
- Publication of the thesis and dissemination to the African universities and other universities subscribing to PANGEA.
- Subscription to PANGEA bulletin published by CIFEG (free of charge).
- Publication of the abridged French version and the extended abstract in PANGEA.
- Notification of the prize result, together with the French résumé
and the extended abstract in JAES (Geological Society of Africa) as well as in
Géochronique, IUGS, UNESCO …
|| The prize will be awarded during the following Colloquium of African Geology.
||Available here or on the CIFEG website www.cifeg.org
or upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org